About Tuscookany cooking schools in Tuscany.
Chat with us
Toll Free USA & Canada:
1-888-722-6901 USA Eastern time 9AM-2PM
For rest of the world:
+39-0575-1460010 Central European Time 9:00 - 22:00
The mission of the Tuscookany team is to offer our guests the vacation of a lifetime. We want to welcome you into our villas as if it was your home and make you feel totally at ease whether you are travelling alone or coming with your spouse or friends.
The whole Tuscookany team is committed to making sure that your stay with us is unforgettable. We aim to offer you a cooking experience which is informal and fun and where you will learn to make wonderful dishes together with your fellow cooks from all corners of the earth. We have designed the course in such a way to make sure you have enough time to relax and enjoy the surroundings or go out sightseeing in Tuscany. In the afternoon you cook up a storm and then sit down to dine on your wonderful creations complimented with superb Italian wines. Conversations sometimes go on till the wee hours and then you can retire to your room and surrender to the absolute peace and quiet of the surroundings.
We take you on a unique culinary excursion to local producers of cheese, wine and olive oil. These are places guests would not have access to otherwise and all our producers are as passionate as we are about the Italian cuisine and making superb local produce which you will get a chance to taste.
We want you to leave feeling you have learnt more than the dishes you made during the course. We strive to inspire you and instil in you a passion for Tuscany and the Italian cuisine.
You might need an extra button on your trousers but you will leave having made new friends for life.
We pride ourselves in having organic vegetable gardens and use vegetables in season from our own plots. We also purchase produce from authentic local producers and farmers. When possible we use vegetables and fruits in season, our chefs not only believe the taste is far superior but it also has an impact on the carbon footprint.
Our villas and the environment
We are very conscious of the environment, use of natural resources and energy saving features has been taken into consideration when we renovated and improved the original villas. This is how we are managing this:
- All warm water you use comes from the solar heating on the roof of the house or solar panels on the estate.
- We produce our own power with two Photovoltaics plants with an total yield of 40.000 kWh/year. Look at our environmental savings per day for our Torre del Tartufo Photovoltaic power station and for our Casa Ombuto I Photovoltaic power station Casa Ombuto II Photovoltaic power station
- All the water coming out of the taps and the water in the swimming pool is from our own boreholes.
- All wood used comes from the estate gained from maintaining and cleaning out the forests without having to chop down one extra tree for this purpose.
- All garden, kitchen and wood debris is used as compost.
- The pools are heated by a solar system.
- The villa's are all heated by under floor heating, all windows have double glazing which keeps the rooms warm in the winter and this, together with the original thick wall structures and high altitude, keeps the villa cool in the summer.
- The pools both have a special Nature 2 filter system, a method designed to filter similarly to the way a river keeps itself clean and thereby dramatically reduces the amount of chlorine needed to keep the pool clean.
The Tuscookany villas are Awarded the highest rank "Platinum" by the TripAdvisor GreenLeaders program.
The International booking agents
The booking and administration of international reservations for Tuscookany is handled by Bel Sogno SRL which is based in Italy. Liz Carver is the contact person who handles the reservations and administration and is available for any enquiries or questions you might have. Please complete the enquiry form and you will receive a response within 24 hours.